What is a Pulmonary Sequestration?

A pulmonary sequestration, also known as a bronchopulmonary sequestration or a cystic lung lesion, is a medical condition where a piece of tissue that develops into lung tissue is not attached to the pulmonary blood supply and does not communicate with the other lung tissue. Often it gets its blood supply from the thoracic aorta. Communication is a medical phrase indicating that it is not connected to the standard bronchial airways and that it performs no function in respiration.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_sequestration

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Wonderful Visitor

Another fuzzy morphine day. But, on this day something special happened. As the nurse was checking my vitals I see my Dad come into the room!! It was such a wonderful surprise. You could tell that he was a little nervous because I had so many tubes and cords, etc. We chatted for awhile and before he left he grabbed my hand and with teary eyes he says, "You know I love you right?" It was so heartfelt and sweet. It really lifted my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment