What is a Pulmonary Sequestration?

A pulmonary sequestration, also known as a bronchopulmonary sequestration or a cystic lung lesion, is a medical condition where a piece of tissue that develops into lung tissue is not attached to the pulmonary blood supply and does not communicate with the other lung tissue. Often it gets its blood supply from the thoracic aorta. Communication is a medical phrase indicating that it is not connected to the standard bronchial airways and that it performs no function in respiration.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_sequestration

Friday, September 24, 2010

Stop ... Shower Time

I was introduced to my new nurse and he was awesome. I knew after speaking with him he was gay (the reason I point this out will come into play later). He was so nice and was hooking me up with the only thing that actually tasted good; orange sorbet.

Well, as I am starting to move around and walk a little bit I decided I wanted to take on the task of taking a shower. I knew that I would feel so much better after having a head of clean hair and having a clean body. After I finished my shower I was EXHAUSTED! It took so much energy and I didn't have any left to dry off my lower body and I was afraid that I might not be able to stand long enough to dry myself off. So, I called for my nurse. I was standing there butt naked asking for his help. I told him that as long as he was comfortable I was. He replied with, "Don't worry I am gay" LOL. I just said, "I'm not worried I know you are a professional.

After all of that was taken care of and I was able to lay back down I felt SO much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment