What is a Pulmonary Sequestration?

A pulmonary sequestration, also known as a bronchopulmonary sequestration or a cystic lung lesion, is a medical condition where a piece of tissue that develops into lung tissue is not attached to the pulmonary blood supply and does not communicate with the other lung tissue. Often it gets its blood supply from the thoracic aorta. Communication is a medical phrase indicating that it is not connected to the standard bronchial airways and that it performs no function in respiration.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_sequestration

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Friend ... Morphine

Well, the next day is still a little fuzzy to me. But, I do know that morphine was my friend. I didn't have any sharp pains. I mainly felt a sense of pressure in my chest. My left arm was also hard to raise. I think it was because of all of the morpine, but I did throw up a few times. It made me a little dizzy. So, they had me on a "delicious" diet of jello, ice, and orange sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment